Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:30:01 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MegaRAID 428 vs 466 and a way to wedge the controller

At 04:19 PM 2/17/2000 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
>Hmm.  I flashed my PERC 2 up to the latest AMI firmware, and with about a
>dozen bonnie processes running it took about 30 seconds for the controller
>to lock up completely (I had to power-cycle it to get it to come back).

Is this a purely amr box ?  I had been testing it out only on 1 partition
mounted as /mnt.  Although all access to the AMI is hosed, access to my IDE
is  without issue.

>I wouldn't say you have a firmware issue there yet, but it's not looking
>very good.

What rev of the firmware were you using before hand ? the 3.00 from Dell
?  Like I said, without this rev, I could not do anything with the
card.  From the release notes, it would seem the card has some issues with
modern BIOSes

         ---Mike