Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 05:42:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Technical Support <support@ns.computer.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!

Hi:

Well I have now pulled 2 all nighters trying to get FreeBSD up and
running.

I am having a problem that I can not troubleshoot!  I can find nothing in
the manual to help me solve this.  Please help!

I loaded the boot.flp off the net and made the disk

I booted my Pentium computer with IDE 1gig HD and 16 megs mem with Ne2000
Ethernet card.

I had to change the ethernet card address to 0320 in the config area by
using -c during the boot.

In this same config area I took out all the conflicts that showed up and
made sure all my essentials were ok!

At main menu I chose novice setup....

I use the (a) command in the disk setup area and then the a command again
to auto config the disk

I told the system to get the files via FTP from your site and it did it!
I am on a T1 and am an ISP.

After all the files were transferred I get the following message...

"Unable to link /Kernel into place"

I continued on and set up Apache and other options that all loaded and
took fine.

I then exited and the reboot began.

The boot came up with

F1  BSD

F?

when I hit F1 the thing freezes.

What can I do?  Do I have to get all the files again and start over to
fix this.  I have already done this 3 times to no avail.

Please Please send any help you can.  This has got to be something simple
as all else went fine.  I have deadlines to meet and could use the help!

If you can be reached by phone and if that is easier please leave a
number and a time to call.  I can be reached by phone after 7pm eastern at
773-1130 or at support@computer.net via email.

Thanks very much!

Larry

PS:  Please be specific in any instructions you send as I still am not
100% on my unix stuff :)