Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:46:20 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   soaccept not returning host info?

Hi

I'm writing a kernel module (for -current) that provides a listening inet
socket, I have it establishing and binding the socket, tsleeping for the event,
etc, and the soaccept() call seems to work fine. My problem is that the info
about the connecting host info seems incomplete. It reports a length of 16,
family of AF_INET (2), the rest is zero'd out. Even when the connecting client
is on a remote machine... So my question is how do I get the appropriate host
information. Is it nested in the pcb or proto block? I'm assuming an mbuf is
used for the actual data transferred, that'd be accessed via the socket mbuf?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, if it's an rtfm issue, pls point me
to the right fm :)

Thnx

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.