Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:25:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Tomas TPS Ulej <lists@tps.sk>
To:        gary.hall@mcg-graphics.com (Gary Hall)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internal networking problem

> We have a FreeBSD machine which is used as an Intranet Server. We also
> have a number of other machines that connect to this via TCP/IP. We have
> another machine that acts as a router which is not a FreeBSD machine.

> When we try to connect to the FreeBSD machine internally via FTP or
> rlogin, the FreeBSD machine tries to connect to the Internet via our

> All our internal machines are set up with the IP address 192.9.200.xxx.

IntraNet address is for example 192.168.x.x or class B address 10.x.x.x.
This class 192.9.200.x is used on itnernet therefore freebsd try connect to
internet. If you want use this addresses you must use custom route
configuration useing command "route add ..." Better is renumeber your
internal network to 192.168.x.x

--
Tomas 'TPS' Ulej
tps@internet.sk, tu36-ripe