Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:59:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Berlin <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Our CardBus support

What is the status of cardbus support in -current.
I notice pcic_p.c in the pci dir, and it appears to have defines for TI
CardBus controllers, and one other type.
Do the TI's actually work?
I have a TI1250 in my laptop, and from looking at the linux PCMCIA CS
stuff, they just treat it like an 113x, except for one small thing to
determine what mode it is in.
I tried a quick hack, and added the device ID into pcic_p.h, and the
approriate stuff in pcic_p.c, and it no work (right now i've got it
complaining about intr_connect failing for a few IRQ's). I'll try it with
two other CardBus cards, and i just tried it with a 3C589, and it noticed
none of them.
So is this my stupidity, or is our cardbus support not up to snuff yet,
and if this is the case, is anyone working on it?
If not, i guess i'll give it a whirl.
Any clue how much work it would take?