Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 23:19:08 +0100
From:      m.ewe@t-online.de (Michael Ewe)
To:        ejc@bazzle.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: omniORB-3.0.2

Hi,

I have some problems with omniORB. Heres whats going on:

First try:

Running FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE
Installed packages from www.freebsd.org
try to run omniidl gives:

bash-2.04$ omniidl

omniidl: ERROR!

omniidl: Could not open Python files for IDL compiler
omniidl: Please put them in directory /usr/local/lib
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)

omniidl: (The error was `No module named omniidl.main')

Second try:

Now I compiled the thing itself and compiling worked as expected.
From within the build-tree omniidl seemed to work.
I went further to try the "echo" in the examples section.
The simplest program eg1 dums core after showing the echo

Third try:

this mail. Can you please tell me, what I am doing wrong

Michael Ewe
(m.ewe@t-online.de)