Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:16:20 +0400
From:      Ilya Kazakevich <kazakevichilya@gmail.com>
To:        "four.harrisons@googlemail.com" <four.harrisons@googlemail.com>
Cc:        jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Easiest desktop BSD distro

> If there is a choice between making things easy to learn and easy to use,
> the design principle is to make it easy to use - even if that comes at the
> cost of a steeper learning curve.

And you can always create easy-to-learn GUI-based tool that works on the top
of low-level tools.
BTW Microsoft came to this idea too (see "MinWin")

> So the easiest BSD? Any of them, if you're prepared to invest the time
> learning it.

FreeBSD probably is the easiest to study in all BSD family because it has a
really good handbook. But for people with *nix background (like linux) any
BSD should not be difficult.