Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:50:50 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PDF

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 04:03:05PM -0600, Franklin Marmon wrote:
> I was just wondering if the PDF version of the BSD faq would be
> available soon?

I was going to throw the FAQ and Handbook into hyperlinked PDF as well as
a Microsoft-tolerant text file while this box has an NT partition.
Trouble is I don't know how to get or create a postscript version that is
fairly recent.

The docs I can see on the FTP site are dated 19 December, except for two
PDFs (also based on the same December version?) that have appeared recently.
And it's hard to tell which if any of the text versions are viewable under
DOS/Win/Mac.

I think it's very important to have up to date docs suitable for other
platforms available, important enough to spend some time on it, but
I don't know where to start. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
Or do I have to go and get my head around cvsup and sgml conversions?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-