Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:19:43 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        David Kirchner <davidk@accretivetg.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vi a Joke ?

David dabbled
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Kent Stewart wrote:

> > One point people forget and that is what can you use when you mess up
> > rc.conf and your system will only boot into single user mode. Learning
> > vi at that point is a painic :).

> At that point it is nice to know how to use "ed". :-)

as I found out the hard way a couple of months ago :)

vim is on /usr, and if you're hitting single user becuase of a problem
with /usr, ed is all there is.  Fortunately, ed is rather obvious to
the vi user--I hadn't used it in over 15 years, and did just fine.

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail