Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:02:22 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Camelia NASTASE <camelia@office.dnt.ro>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld failure

> > maybe this will give you a clue, cause' i'm still stucked with the
> > buildworld problem:
> >
> > /usr/ports/archivers/unarj# make install
> > 1: not found
> > *** Error code 127
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/unarj.
> >
> > the same happens for every port. maybe this is because i cvsup'ed the
> > ports along with cvsup'ing the source tree.
>
> Two things you can try. First:
>
> mkdir testdir
> cd testdir
> echo 'all:' > Makefile
> make

it doesn't give me any errors. so i guess my make is doing just fine.

> If that gives you errors, the problem is either with make itself, or with
> /usr/share/mk. If it doesn't give you errors, try 'rm -r /usr/ports/Mk
> /usr/ports/archivers/arj' and then cvsup again and see what happens. Also,
> if your supfile for ports doesn't look something like this:

after "rm -rf /usr/ports/Mk" and cvsuping the ports again, with my
cvsupfile looking as follows:

# cat /etc/cvsupfile
*default host=cvsup5.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default tag=RELENG_4_5
*default delete use-rel-suffix

#src-all
*default tag=.
ports-all
#doc-all

i tried to install a random port:

/usr/ports/archivers/rar# make
1: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/rar.

same result. i guess i should pass the buildworld phase before trying to
solve the ports problem, and i think these two issues are somehow
related. i just don't know how to fix this.

Camelia
--
Camelia Nastase, camelia@office.dnt.ro
Network Administrator