Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:21:30 -0400
From:      Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spammers

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:28:34AM +0200, Morsal Roudbay wrote:
> That's what I have been doing Stephaine, but I'd like the list admins to do
> it too so I wont have to get this much spam. Other list admins ban spammers
> instantly...

...and it does just about no good at all, because the email addresses
they use are almost always transient, gone in days, if not hours.

SPAM blocking is more than a full time job. Until society as a whole
starts rejecting solicitation, it will be with us.

Me, I'm more worried about the SPAM I get via snail mail... just think of the
tons of waste every year... :(

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexistentialist