Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:00:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jimbo Bahooli <griffin@blackhole.iceworld.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   lets get ipfilter as default

	Seeing ipfilter sitting in /usr/src/contrib, in a mostly
disfunctional state, I find it irritating.  Why not replace ipfw with it,
I can find no advantage that ipfw has, other then being old and
traditional.
	It is clearly better, and if its not integrated because it doesnt
work, that is incorrect.  When the first version came out with a freebsd
port, proff patched it all up and it worked great.  His patches may still
be rotting in incoming on ftp.freebsd.org. I mean 3.0 is going to have
SMP, why not give it a modern firewall program.