Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:41:14 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        simon@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: patch for www/tools/portsgrowth/*

----Security_Multipart(Sat_Aug_20_07_41_14_2005_926)--

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20050818171218.GA849@zaphod.nitro.dk>:

si> On 2005.08.19 01:14:12 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
si> >  I made a patch[*] to make a plot from the number of lines in
si> >  CVSROOT-ports/modules instead, but I am not sure if this is
si> >  reasonable.  Any comments?
si>
si> I don't really think there is a need to change it, since
si> www/tools/portsgrowth/ports.log (the source of the image) has been
si> updated manually for quite a while now based on
si> www.freebsd.org/ports/INDEX.  I run /home/simon/bin/portcount.sh from
si> cron two times daily on the FreeBSD.org cluster (on builder to be more
si> specific).

 Can you make that statistics file available via HTTP or so?
 I just wanted to make www/tools/portsgrowth/* files usable to
 reproduce the same results on www.FreeBSD.org.  If such data
 is publicly available, changing getinfo.sh to fetch it is
 reasonable enough, I think.