Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 11:39:21 -0400
From:      Eric Chan <Eric.Chan@nswcc.org.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache on FreeBSD

Hi,

        I have successfully installed Apache 1.1.1 on our Firewall machine,
and I only set the "proxyrequest on" in the config file.  I tried to use
Netscape to address any WWW sites and replied "Document contains no data".  Why?
Does it relate to the Cache problem or I didn't configure the server correctly?
It is quite confusing on the ProxyRemote and ProxyPass.

The Httpd config of our network is :

        Firewall machine A <-----  Internal gateway B <-----  PCs
        running Apache             running Cern 3.0
        as a proxy                 as a proxy

Do you know what setting should be set on the Apache as it is a proxy to the
internal gateway B?  I have looked at the Apache Docs but no clues... :-(

Thanks for your help...

Eric