Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:35:52 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>
To:        knowtree@aloha.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fujitsu LifeBook T1010

knowtree@aloha.com wrote:
> New question: which WiFi chipset is better supported in FreeBSD, Atheros
> XSPAN or Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN? What kind of witch's brew is required
> to make them work?

HEAD has the iwn driver that supports 4965 parts but not the newer 5000
parts.  I've not heard of anyone working to add 5000 support.

Atheros XSPAN is a class of parts.  HEAD supports 5416 parts in legacy
mode.  I have experimental code to support 9160 parts (legacy only
again) but haven't sent it out yet.  I also have code to support 9280
and 9285 parts but no hardware to test against and I am unwilling to put
out the code untested.