Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2013 20:21:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jmg@funkthat.com
Subject:   Re: re(4) problems with GA-H77N-WIFI

John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote this message on Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 23:04 +0100:
 > > John-Mark Gurney wrote:
 > > >
 > > > Have you tried to disable msi and msix?
 > > >
 > > > hw.pci.enable_msix: 1
 > > > hw.pci.enable_msi: 1
 > >
 > > I tried these entries in /boot/loader.conf, according to
 > > the re(4) manual page:
 > >
 > > hw.re.msi_disable="1"
 > > hw.re.msix_disable="1"
 > >
 > > Unfortunately it didn't make a difference.
 >
 > Did you try in loader.conf:
 > hw.pci.enable_msix="0"
 > hw.pci.enable_msi="0"
 >
 > To disable MSI for the whole system?

Ok, today I got a few minutes, so I booted and tested with
all of these lines in loader.conf:

hw.re.msi_disable="1"
hw.re.msix_disable="1"
hw.pci.enable_msix="0"
hw.pci.enable_msi="0"

Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.  I also tried
to enable polling on re1, just in case that something is
wrong with interrupts (I assume that polling mode doesn't
require any interrupts), but it didn't help either.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme,  secnetix GmbH & Co. KG,  Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing
Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen/-Produkte + mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

"The last good thing written in C was
Franz Schubert's Symphony number 9."
        -- Erwin Dieterich