Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 00:57:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        Hiten Pandya <hmp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        des@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ALQ manual page review

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Hiten Pandya wrote:

> Hi gang.
>
> I have written a manual page for the Asynchronous Logging Queues (ALQ)
> facility, available in FreeBSD 5.x.  I have been trying to reach Jeff by
> various methods of contact (IRC, mail etc) but I have not had a response
> from him.

Sorry Hiten, I'm pretty well occupied lately.  I was just telling mini
that I need to get back to you on this.

Anyway, I have a few comments.  The ae_flags are for internal use only.
Consumers of the API should not modify them.

The second sentence in the section describing alq_open() is a little bit
confusing.  Please considering breaking it up.

You should probably say 'with the "alqget" wait message'.  The wait
channel is not so important to the consumer of the API.

You might want to go into a little detail about how alq_get() and
alq_post() are intended as a more effecient way to do alq_write().  They
save the memcpy into the ale.

Thanks!
Jeff