Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 14:04:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <beef@cybertouch.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, James Love <love@cptech.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

	I dont quite understand what all this fighting is about. But
Jordan, I only know you as the "boss man" of FreeBSD. There must be a lot
of die-hard FreeBSD fans out here. Would it not be better to just try to
organize, with some of those people, some ways we can help to promote
FreeBSD? Lets face it, when its installed, its a great system.

	As far as marketing is concerned. Have you thought of using a
marketing company here in Canada? Your dollar =$1.50 can. The one thing I
do see at bookstores is a lot of books written for Linux. The only book
for FreeBSD that I know of is from Greg Lehey. And that book is not in any
book store I have been to.

	Not to put down FreeBSD, but when I contacted both cannon for my
printer and real audio, they both said they have never heard of FreeBSD.
Some how you must get your good name in journals or what ever these execs
from large company's read.

	Damn I wish I could help out more. I want to see FreeBSD become
huge.

Regards..
Lanny Baron