Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:00:44 -0400
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice...

Søren Schmidt wrote:

> > Hi...
> >
> >       I'm running a current 3.0 system, and am wondering if anyone is
> > having problems running StarOffice?  I've got linux_mod loaded, as shown
> > by modstat. and try 'scalc3'...the process starts up, consumes a bunch of
> > CPU and then slowly degenerates into an idle process...
> >
> >       Anyone with similar experience?
>
> Yes, if I run the XF86SVGA server it just hangs there, if I use the
> XF86_S3V or Xaccell servers it works just fine, no waits no nothing.
> (It does take a bit to startup and show the advertizing, but thats
> normal and intended).

What is "a bit"? I take it that's 15 secs or so?

I am running the XF86SVGA server. How about you other folks?

I have to confess, the reason why the X server type would cause
the program to hang doesn't exactly jump right out at me 8-) .
Maybe there's an X guru lurking that can hazard a guess?

--
Jim Durham <Television Engineer-Unitel Mobile Video, Pittsburgh>
  <Computer Consultant/Hobbyist> <Amateur Radio: W2XO>