Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:50:15 +0000
From:      "Christian Walther" <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        "Stefan Lambrev" <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com>
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: state of 7.0-RC1 on an IBM t60p

Hi there,

I encountered some of the issues described by Josh, I followed some of
Stefans advice so I thought I comment on this ("for the record"):

On 07/01/2008, Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Josh Paetzel wrote:
[...]
> > 1) wpi is nearly non-functional.  It seems to associate best to WPA2 networks,
> > struggles with WEP and won't associate at all to open networks.  Once it's
> > associated it spams the console with "discarding packet without header"
> > and "wpi_cmd: couldn't set tx power" quite a bit, as well as other random
> > output.  The real problem I've had with it is that it panics under moderate
> > data rates, in the 1000-1500K/sec range.
> >
> You can try the latest wpi driver from perforce -
> http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi
> Also you can disable debugging.

The latest version of the driver from perforce works on the T60. What
makes me wonder is the fact that I need to specify the channel of the
nearest AP. Otherwise the interface will get no link.

[...]
> > 3) sutdown output is garbled.  This doesn't seem to hurt anything,  but at
> > some point in shutdown the console messages start interleaving.
> >
> First time I saw this in RC1 - never with 7-CURRENT or -BETAX (I'm
> talking only about shutdown messages, not boot messages)

Same here. This is not related to the T60, it's the same on my
Athlon64 based server.

> > 4) acpi suspend and resume doesn't work, but that's not a huge shock.l
> >
> > 5) ath generates interrupt storms that are throttled.
> >
> Sorry, I do not have idea how to fix this.

Never had any trouble with interrupt storms on ath. I'm using a D-Link
DWL-G650, the card is identified as:

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0x88000000-0x8800ffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on cardbus0
ath0: [ITHREAD]
ath0: using obsoleted if_watchdog interface
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:19:5b:3a:82:be
ath0: mac 7.9 phy 4.5 radio 5.6

Seems to be pretty much the same.

Christian