Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:10:03 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Hoang Lang-E11272 <lang@motorola.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem install FreeBSD 6.0 on Dell PowerEdge 2850

Hoang Lang-E11272 wrote:
> Thank you all for your help.
>
> I finally got FreeBSD 6.0 to install on my Dell 2850 by changing the bios setting from Internal RAID to SCSI.  The installation went smothly, so I guess there is the something with the RAID driver in FreeBSD 6.0

There is indeed a bug in the amr RAID driver, though I haven't seen your
particular symptoms.  I have a patch to work around the bug, but it only
helps if you have an installed system and can compile a kernel.  I'm
considering building an unofficial 6.0-RELEASE with the patch so that
people with this problem can try it out.

Scott