Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:45:13 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        honda@kashio.info.mie-u.ac.jp
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/16863: new port japanese/esecanna-wnn6

  Hello,

At Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:19:38 +0900,
HONDA Yasuhiro <honda@kashio.info.mie-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org> wrote:
..
> >   Also, I suppose it would be nice if we get all the esecanna ports
> > fit in with one another.  How do you think?  I mean, each port should
> > conform itself to one style, say, DESCR, MESSAGE, and the way to
> > configure.

> I also made esecanna-vje30, independent of you.  My esecanna-wnn6 port
> can coexist with my esecanna-vje30, because system rc file
> (${PREFIX}/etc/escannarc) and server executable is installed as
> different file, like esecannarc_wnn6, esecannaserver_wnn6.

That's not what I'm talking about.  You didn't answer me.  You say
your -wnn6 port and _your_ -vje30 port can coexist and it's okay, but
what does that mean?  If you find something to improve the present
-vje30 port in, you could request it.  Please do not keep it in your
own thing.

  Anyway, I've been thinking of changing names of files that -vje30
port installs, like yours.  I'll send a patch soon.

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."