Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:11:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NO_TCSH issue

On Wed, 5 Sep 2000, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

>At 02:08 PM 9/6/00 +0200, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
>>On Wed 2000-09-06 (05:22), Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
>> > If you build with this option and remove /bin/(t)csh, buildworld will die
>> > when /usr/bin/vgrind is called like so:
>>
>>Well, this is obvious.  You can't remove /bin/sh either.
>
>True, but there isn't a NO_SH option either and we all should know that it
>is required on many a system.  At least one shell *is* needed.

You folks are misinterpreting the intent of the NO_TCSH option.  The
idea is that if I wanted to I could install the csh port with a PREFIX
of / and ask the world process to not quash my change.  You
*are* required to have a version of csh on your system.  This just gives
you the power to change which version that is.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying