Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:27:22 -0500
From:      Henry Wong <hwong@lumeta.com>
To:        Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_info fails with "leave_playpen: can't chdir back to ''"

Mike,

Thanks for your response.

Since originally writing that message, I had done some tests (there was a
misconfiguration in mailer that my browser called on the system I was
sending from so the message got sent out much later when it was corrected).

I had tried running the exact same executable both in the jail and
outside and
got a different set of libraries.  One odd thing that I had also noticed
is that when I
ran "ldd" against the same executable, I came up with a different set of
libraries.
I'm not sure what controls the library searches.  As far as I can tell
the libraries
are the same also.

However, since then, my /var/run/ld-elf* files have changed.  I no
longer see
the problem or the differences in ldd.  This may have corrected the problem.

Henry

--

Henry Wong
Lead Software Engineer

Lumeta - / Securing the Network in the Face of Change
/
_hwong@lumeta.com_
732.357.3534 (office)
732.564.0731 (fax)