Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:33:58 +0300
From:      "Igor' Robul'" <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Diskless Router - is it possible

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 07:06:57AM -0800, Alex wrote:

> So, has anyone any experiance of diskless FreeBSD, or
> maybe using a small ammount of FLASH for the boot up
Yes, but I can't say that I have heavy load.
I netboot my router (this was simplest way to do this while
PicoBSD _was_ broken on 4-STABLE). This box has 5 ethernet cards:
 3 PCI: 1 fxp and two ed
 2 ISA: 2 ep Just because there are only 3 PCI slots in this MB
fxp card connected to my "servers network" with TP
other cards  are connected with BNC to "departament networks"
Also there are AMD K6-2/450MHz and RAM 32Mb and floppy drive.
This box does not have keyboard and videocard. If I _can't_ telnet
into it I just turn power off and then on. It will be ready in 10 seconds.

And this work for me.

--
Igor' Robul', Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia