Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 18:43:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, mrcpu@cdsnet.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How the heck do you drop DTR?

> The System V difference was STREAMS instead of the old terminal
> driver, as I'm sure I don't have to tell you.
>
> > And we all know how much like System V we want BSD to be... even
> > when System V has good ideas (unlike that one).
>
> Was there ever any other way of doing it on an open fd?

You missed where I said:

] If you look at /usr/include/sys/ttycom.h, you will see TIOCCDTR
] and TIOCSDTR.

?

The answer is "yes, via these ioctl()'s".  8-).

TIOCCDTR	Terminal I/O Control Clear DTR
TIOCSDTR	Terminal I/O Control Set DTR

> One day, when I have time, remind me about the story of the IBM junior
> thugs and their start-stop terminal (3101?  I forget).

Heh.  I wrote an emulator for those things that could emulate
them on anything from Wyse 50's to VT100's to Hazeltines.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.