Date:      Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:23:11 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Lupe Christoph <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Challenge during the ports freeze

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 08:01:15AM +0200, Lupe Christoph wrote:
> On Thursday, 2005-08-04 at 17:15:47 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > Currently there are about 350 ports that are broken on i386 6.0 (see
> > http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-failure.html).
>=20
> I'm the maintainer of sysutils/munin-node, which is on the list,
> seemingly because it leaves state behind on pkg_delete. Is it required
> now that this does not happen?
>=20
> We had the discussions a few times already. As a reminder, munin-node
> needs to preserve state for an upgrade in the form of a version file
> (usr/local/etc/munin/VERSION.node) and a couple of symlinks. The
> creation of the default set of (system dependent) symlinks is a courtesy
> of the user because it provides a sensible starting point. The version
> file is required to add new symlinks to the set.
>=20
> Munin behaves this way in all other platform ports. Changing this
> behaviour would make the FreeBSD the sore thumb of the Munin ports ;-)

I remember these previous discussions and accept that it would take
some work to make munin-node ports-conformant, but unfortunately, it's
not easy to exclude this port from the standard package checks (no
other packages need that), which means it will have to stay listed as
a "broken" port for now because of these extra files.

Kris

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU--