Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:17:33 -0600
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        "Serge G. Kruk" <sgkruk@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Digiboard PC/16e problem

I like the Boca/16 board. It has modem control, which the boca/8 does not,
and it is fully supported by FreeBSD. But I have had it lock up ports if I
used more than 12 or so at a time.

The Good News (tm): I bought 2 16's and only use the first 8 on each. I
have had ZERO trouble with them since. Also, they are so cheap compared to
other multiport boards, buying 2 is a reasonable choice.

I am using them in to connect to an older minicomputer, so I am only
running a mix of 9600 and 19200 connections.

At 07:18 AM 2/20/97 -0500, Serge G. Kruk wrote:

>I have just finished porting a mass of commercial application code from
>SCO to FreeBSD.  With much pleasure I might add. Lastly, to move into the
>production, I need a 16-port serial card well-supported by FreeBSD.  The
>customer presently has a Digiboard PC/16, which seems half-supported, at
>best.  I will be running 1.6, possibly 1.7 for the forseable future.
>Remember that the customer depends on this machine.
>
>What is my best route?
>New (from where?) driver for Digiboard cards?
>New card?  If so, which one?

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm caught in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.