Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 1998 18:46:41 +0000
From:      Glenn Johnson <glenn@andover.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems accessing ftp site for installation.

Hi there!

I have downloaded and constructed a FREEBSD disk maker, made a disk and
started to install FREEBSD on one of my machines.  I get all the way
through the installation, but when it comes to accessing the freebsd.org
FTP site, it cannot conenct - it seems to hang up when adding default
route.

Does FREEBSD need rights to program a CISCO router?  We don't have
access to our router, as it is property of UUNET PIPEX.

I have also tried to download the freebsd 2.2.5 release section of your
ftp site and made a local ftp server here using WARFTP and tried to
access like that.  This works fine, apart from it can't seem to see some
of the directory structure!  Could you tell me how I should construct
the dir's and where I should have files located please.  Could you also
tell me how much disk space I would need.

Your answers are much appreciated.  Congratulations on such a great
project - I have been looking to use UNIX for quite a while - this seems
an excellent opportunity to indulge!!

Thankyou for your time and look forward to your comments and suggestions
in the near future,

Glenn Johnson