Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:57:24 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        "matt" <matt@bluemoon.27south.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security Issues And Iso Images

On Sunday 22 July 2001 08:32, matt wrote:
> I am very curious as to why iso's can not at least be created for the 4.3-
> stable branch to address security issues pakages ......

What ya gonna do with your iso?.....complete upgrade?

1) cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin
2) make install clean
3)  create a file yoursupfile

*default host=cvsup.se.FreeBSD.org   #use your nearest server
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.

4)  cvsup yoursupfile
5)  cd /usr/src/sys/1386/conf
6)  pc GENERIC YOURKERNEL
7) Amend YOURKERNEL as appropriate
8) cp /kernel  /kernel.oops    (Just in case we make a booboo)
9) cd /usr/src

make buildworld && make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOURKERNEL \
&& make installkernel KERNCONF=YOURKERNEL && make installworld

10) mergemaster

11) reboot

*****************************
optional extras :-