Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:30:26 +0100 (MET)
From:      bultman@rikz.rws.minvenw.nl
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re-install bootmanager (without destroying disk-contents)

Hi,

While re-installing the Windows95 half of my hard-disk at home,
this procedure also removed my bootmanager. How can I re-install
the bootmanager without going through the complete FreeBSD install
routine, which will destroy the contents of my current FreeBSD
system (as soon as the FreeBSD disks are 'partitioned')?
If I reboot the system with the FreeBSD floppy disk, it won't
recognize that there's an existing system present.

Thanks for any and all help.
Answers directly to bultman@rikz.rws.minvenw.nl please.

Gert Bultman.

--

   o      Gert Bultman <g.w.bultman@rikz.rws.minvenw.nl>        o
 / | \    SNAILMAIL: National Institute for Coastal & Marine  / | \