Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:46:12 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        David Knapp <dknapp@slonet.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie question about switching screens

On Mon, Jan 14, 1980 at 04:19:01AM -0800, David Knapp wrote:
> I would like to be able to read the man pages and/or Handbook and be able to
> switch between the page I'm reading and the system prompt.  Is this
> possible, and if so - can you  please point me to a man page or faq or tell
> me what to do??

Two ways;

By default, your system has 3 'virtual' consoles on it, you can switch
between them using ALT+F1, F2 and F3. You should see 3 distinct login
prompts. You can login to each one and do different things in each session.

Alternatively, install 'screen' from the ports system (misc/screen) which
will let you manage several virtual screens from within one console.

"So it does!" said Pooh. "It goes in!"
"So it does!" said Piglet. "And it comes out!"
"Doesn't it?" said Eeyore. "It goes in and out like anything."