Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:22:24 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, sada@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INDEX and ports not in the index

On 9 Aug 2000, at 18:04, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * From: "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
>
>  * >  * ripit-dagrab 1.8 audio  (Monday, Aug 7 19:24)
>  * >  * ripit-cdda2wav 1.8 audio  (Monday, Aug 7 19:24)
>  * >
>  * > I'm not sure where those timestamps come from.  They were repository *
>  > copied a couple of weeks ago from ripit and haven't been changed * >
>  since.  (Sada-san? :) * * Those dates are FreshPorts dates.  Not CVS
>  dates.  I'm still looking * into this and will report back later.
>
> And how do you translate FreshPorts dates to some more well-known date
> formats, such as Julian Dates? :)

There are several dates within FreshPorts.  The dates within commit
messages are not changed.  They are the dates as obtained from the
CVS logs and will be PDT.

(e.g. http://freshports.org/port-description.php3?port=3454)

The dates within the phorum discussion group are local time (NZDT).

The dates shown above are the date (NZDT) they were created within
the database.  There are no commits associated with those ports within
FreshPorts.  I suspect they arrived there via a WalkPorts procedure I
have.  It goes through the physical ports tree (/usr/ports) and updates
the database.  The last time I ran this procedure was on Monday, when
I added the Broken/Forbidden flags.  I suspect this was when those two
ports were picked up and inserted into FreshPorts.

> As for the reason why they are not in index, I'm not sure what you
> mean by "this" but what I meant to say was that since they are
> repocopies only they aren't in parent Makefiles yet, so they naturally
> don't show up in INDEX.  It's neither FreshPorts' problem or my fault.

Ahh good.  I was just noting the ports which I though were missing.  The
ports are within the ports tree.  If they aren't in the parent's Makefile, is
that the committer's fault?

thank you.
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/