Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 15:17:50 -0300
From:      Mike Digdon <digdon@interactive.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting SMC8416 PnP to work with 2.2.1

I've having an absolutely awful time getting my SMC8416BT PnP ethernet
card to work with FreeBSD.

Has anyone had any luck in getting one of these things to work?  I've
tried turning PnP mode off and then diddling with the settings.  When I
do that, I can get FreeBSD to recognize the card, but when it goes to
use it, I get 'ed0: timed out' errors.  I believe this means there might
be a conflict.  However, there is no conflict that I can find.

Any setting suggestions, etc, would be most grateful.

...Mike...

--
            Mike Digdon # Systems Development # InfoInterActive Inc.
             Phone: +1 902 832-7645 # E-mail: digdon@interactive.ca