Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:36:40 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Pavilion n3410?

Searching http://www.freebsd.org/search/,
http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~dkulp/fbsd/laptop.html, and others have not
found any reference good or bad as to the HP n3410. Circuit City is
advertising it at $799 before the useless MSN rebate but after store
and manufacturer rebates. Or maybe I'm confused and its at Best Buy.

At that price the entry level is low enough to finally put an end to
my lack of a laptop. But without FreeBSD is would so useless that the
much higher price of a Mac laptop would be justified for Mac OS X.

I really don't expect the built in modem to work. But would need a
supported PCMCIA ethernet card.

Am open to consideration of other machines too.

Successes? Failures? Any suggestions for compatibility test I might
be able to get away with in the store? Such as booting the 4.2 live
filesystem CDROM?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net