Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 06:55:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        graichen@innominate.de
Cc:        fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFS

> >  2) there is no FreeBSD version because XFS was proprietary until the
> >     first beta was released a few days ago, so noone had access to
> >     information or source code that would allow them to write a
> >     FreeBSD XFS driver (short of reverse-engineering the IRIX driver)
>
> just a small correction: the XFS code is public available since
> end of march this yaer not only since the beta

I originally found the code by going "URL fishing" at about
that time, before they even had the links on the main web site
up.  At the time, it was only a very small portion of the code,
since most of it was not "sanitized" of copyrighted material
from USL, etc..

This appears to be the first release of function, non-crippled,
non-fragmentary code that would be usable for anything like a
port.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---