Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:03:12 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.2-RC2 Available

--=-iSWdYkPEh3SOWvfAIDzr

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 15:21 +1000, Ian Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Ken Smith wrote:
>  > There is one known issue with 7.2-RC2.  We switched from KDE3 to KDE4
>=20
> Oh, I'd been kinda hoping that wouldn't happen till after release.  I=20
> guess our KDE folks must reckon it's shaken out enough already now ..

Yes, I contacted the two people who I was told most directly watch over
the KDE ports and both preferred we shift to KDE4.

> Will kde3 still be able to be installed from packages?  Will it be a big=20
> deal to prefer staying with kde3 (mostly re older small-memory laptops)?

It will be available for install from packages through the net (FTP
based install, or one of the other package tools that can be told to
download the packages).  I'm afraid I can't fit it on the ISO release
media.  Even with the DVD media we currently have a limit caused by the
tool many of our mirror sites use for mirroring - files larger than 2Gb
cause issues (that's why the DVD image is gzip-ed).  We're slowly
working to resolve that.

--=20
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu