Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 16:54:48 -0800
From:      Rob Dormer <rdormer@apollo.dynanet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X install

    I've downloaded release 2.2.5, and I've tried several times now to
install the "x-developer" package from a DOS partition.  I have all of
the necessary directories in the "freebsd" directory on the dos
partition - XF86331, compat21, etcetra, but when I use the
sys/standinstall utility under unix to configure X, it tells me that X
is not installed.  Why is this?  what do I need to do to install X from
the dos partition?  Any help would be sincerely appreciated.