Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:26:49 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email Question (splitting e-mail hosts?)

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 03:51:24PM -0500, Steve Ames wrote:

> Using freebsd and sendmail. My first thought was to use virtusertable.
> virtusertable will let you forward to another host

If you're running procmail as a local delivery agent, or at least have
it configured in sendmail.cf as an agent this should be easy.

Use domaintable to rewrite the entire domain through procmail, and
then copy all messages to a local mailbox.  Procmail can easily
split user@customer-domain.com for you so that you can then
(temporarily) forward that mail to say:

    user@ms-exchange.customer-domain.com.

I'm a little rusty on my procmail, but if pressed I could provide
an example. :-)

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn, Computer Systems Engineer         <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
Physics Computer Network, Purdue University