Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:29:06 +1000
From:      Igor Kulemzin <ivk@kristal.ru>
To:        BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dummynet not working

Hi,

  When I use dummynet, my rules was written like below:

  ipfw add pipe 1 tcp from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.6
  ipfw pipe 1 config bw 64kbit/s

  but not like yours:

  ipfw queue 1 config pipe 1 weight 90
  ipfw queue 2 config pipe 1 weight 1
  ipfw add 400 queue 1 tcp from 192.168.0.50 to any
  ipfw add 500 queue 2 ip from any to any

  Try to change order of your rules.

Monday, June 24, 2002, 8:47:13 AM, you wrote:

BF> Hi all,

BF> I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to dummynet but I have read
BF> the man page and lots more about it. Basically the situation is this:
BF> We have a FreeBSD 4.5R router (with dummynet compiled in the kernel)
BF> running a 64Kbps ISDN line to another site. The line is usually
BF> saturated making access very slow and unreliable for some hosts on the
BF> network. We have one host (192.168.0.50) on the network that is
BF> particularly important and which requires priority access. So I added
BF> the following rules, but this does not seem to help:

BF> ipfw pipe 1 config bw 64Kbit/s
BF> ipfw queue 1 config pipe 1 weight 90
BF> ipfw queue 2 config pipe 1 weight 1
BF> ipfw add 400 queue 1 tcp from 192.168.0.50 to any
BF> ipfw add 500 queue 2 ip from any to any

BF> What am I doing wrong?

BF> Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Monday, June 24, 2002  9:25:01 AM

Best regards,
Igor Kulemzin
Amursky Crystall, http://www.kristal.ru
E-mail: ivk@kristal.ru

->
  This would easier understand fewer had omitted.
->