Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:30:17 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Andrew L. Neporada" <andrew@sign.chg.ru>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console resolution (at startup)

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 07:52:06AM +0400, Andrew L. Neporada wrote:

> Thank you, Mark. It works fine ( even better than I expected ;-)
> But what should I do to keep this behaviour at startup?

I've added the following to my /etc/rc.conf:

font8x8="iso-8x8"
font8x14="iso-8x14"
font8x16="iso-thin-8x16"
keymap="uk.cp850.swap"
allscreens_flags="-m on VGA_80x30"

You may want to use different fonts (the iso-thin one looks good
at 80x30). The ``allscreens_flags'' line turns the console mouse
on (-m on) and sets 80x30 for all console screens.

HTH