Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:53:51 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
Cc:        conrads@home.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: flashplugin

Marc van Woerkom:
 |> Conrad, still wishing Real would give us a G2 player
 |
 |To be honest, I need Real/G2 -using the Linux alpha2- only
 |for listening to BBC world service (news hour junkie :)
 |
 |I would rather like the public stations to change to
 |mp3 or some other open standard. Exactly for that reason
 |of lame FreeBSD support by a company like Real.
 |

 |At least two radio stations offer mp3 streams:
 |
 |    http://www.liveaudio.de/hr-xxl
 |    http://www.swr3.de

Yeah, I'd love to see that on a few of the local stations too.  They host a
few informational shows through the week that I'd like to tape and play
later in the car.

Unattended recording of 3 hr shows on 45 min audio tapes doesn't fly, and
recording on computer isn't much good without copying to tape or burning a
audio CD (which I could do, ...but what a waste of CDs).

Computer MP3 record with a portable MP3 player would be so much nicer. 8^)

Randall