Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 02:45:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        The Unicorn <unicorn@blackhats.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some (minor) problems with ports on 3.4-RC

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, The Unicorn wrote:

> l0pht-watch	1.1	MD5 checksum mismatch and Makefile not working at all.
> 			Can be installed by hand.

This one was an aliasing bug: the distfile is just l0pht-watch.tar.gz,
which has no version information and so your system thought it already had
the newer version. It builds fine, according to bento.freebsd.org

> lsof		4.48A	Makefile refers to 4.47 version and 3.4(-RC) not
> 			recognised.  Wanted to build 2.x version. Some minor
> 			hacking enabled me to install a 3.3 version without
> 			problems.

This one has been fixed.

> xpdf		0.90	Depends on t1lib.  The configure script wants to check
> 			if an underscore is needed for external symbols.  LIB
> 			variable is (temp) changed, but instead of adding an
> 			object (.o) the assembly (.s) file name is added.

Not sure if this one was fixed, but I think so.

> xwhois		0.3.9	MD5 checksum mismatch and Makefile not working at all.
> 			Can be installed by hand.

This one was fixed.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope you enjoy 3.4-REL :-)

Kris