Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 03:07:47 +1000
From:      "Sue Blake" <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        James Hu <jxh@cs.wustl.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, delta1@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: vt100 mysteries

James Hu:

> [ Problems with cons25/cons50 and telnet to hosts that don't
>   understand them ]
> Another alternative is to run a program which emulates vt100 for
> you: screen.  It is available as a package in the misc hierarchy as
> screen-3.7.1.tgz

Yippee!! The whole thing took 5 minutes to find, install and use. Instant
Vt100 perfection, with the added bonus of function keys etc that I
had never been able to use before :-)

Then, almost as fast, I was swept off the summit of new-found delights
and away from my desk. Thanks much for the solution, and apologies
for the late reply.

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

Internet: sue@welearn.com.au  Fidonet: 3:712/404  Modem: +61-2-665-2917
Solids:  Sue Blake, PO Box K73, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
For PGP key and ascii portrait, finger sue@zipper.zip.com.au