Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 13:35:02 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 10:38:14AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 02:20 PM 10/3/98 +1000, John Birrell wrote:
>
> >Maybe you'd be better off looking at other FreeBSD distributions like
> >http://www.cybernet.com/ (NetMAX), for example,
>
> >From what I can see, NetMAX could be a worthy alternative but is priced
> quite high. It's tough to tell whether it would make it at a $500
> price point.
>
> --Brett

You are probably right, as that is about the price point for BSDI,
however BSDI includes some other goodies along with the OS.  Am not sure
about NETMAX, need to get spun up on it.  Have heard anything about BSDI
being in trouble?  I have heard some rumblings to that effect.  Ron has
left the organisation, don't know if Bostic and Karels are still there.
--
    --Frank

"At no time is the freedom of speech more precious then when a man hits
his thumb with a hammer."
   --Marshall Lumsden