Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:11:58 +0200
From:      "Emile Coetzee" <EmileC@clarotech.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Openvpn tap uses 99% cpu time

Since the latest updates to sys/net/if_tap.c (I suspect) in 6.2-STABLE
my openvpn tap server is using up all available CPU time (99%)
effectively killing the box.=20

I replicated this on a second machine which was about 3 weeks behind
with a cvsup to the latest from RELENG_6 and after rebuilding the kernel
it does the same thing.

I have portupgraded openvpn to the latest release (openvpn-2.0.6_7), but
this had not made any difference. Is anyone else experiencing similar
problems?

Regards
Emile