Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:48:44 +0200
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewire support

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 07:31:38PM +0900, Katsushi Kobayashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you suggest the same API should be used on both Darwin and FreeBSD ?
> Or, should we share the same code on the device driver level ?
>
> Although I have not read the terms and condition carefully, I am afraid
> if once
> read the source code, I cannot write any firewire kernel code.

I didn't have time to look at in in details, but I guess we could share the
same API and consequently the same device drivers (for peripheral support),
but we would still need some OS specific code.
There's no info on licensing on the page, and I didn't download it yet (I have
to Mac box at work) so I don't know if there's a license inside the dmg.
There is however an email address on that page, you could try asking them.
I'm sure it's under something more friendly than what you fear.

Bye,
	Andrea

--
               Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.