Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:37:33 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Win2k, FreeBSD, Small Home Network, Router

perhaps my ignorance here...  i believe 192.X is routable, you should
be using 192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X as your IP addresses for internal
non-routable.  May want to check that though if you are not connected
to the outside world yet it woudln't make a difference.

check your netmasks on both...  same?
what about domain name?
assuming your are trying to ping rather than establish some other sort
of connection (samba) which may be the source of other ocnfiguration
problems.

Dave