Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Paul Werkowski" <pw@sonetechcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/40379: ../../dev/sound/pcm/channel.h:69: channel_if.h: No such file or directory

The following reply was made to PR kern/40379; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Paul Werkowski" <pw@sonetechcorp.com>
To: "Peter Pentchev" <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:48:31 -0400

 | What commands did you execute after adding the line to the GENERIC
 | config file?  Did you use 'make buildkernel' from the /usr/src
 | directory, or did you do it the old-fashioned way, using config(8)?
 | If you did it with config(8), are you sure that you ran 'make depend'
 | before the real 'make'?

 I tried both the new and old ways. Yes I did do make depend, and
 that is where the build failed. I also tried removing the offending
 #include but that just led to failure at link time.

 There is no channel_if.h in the source. There are channel_if.m files
 though.

 Paul