Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 1995 22:46:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      question list <qlist@shaft.uglies.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI Tape Backup Troubles

	Hello! I have added an Adaptec AVA-1515 (ISA) (AIC-6360 PIO based
card) as well as an Archive Python DAT tape backup unit. The card and
drive are detected properly during boot up but I seem to be having a few
problems backing up. Basically if I put a tape in the drive and issue:
"mt rewind" the unit starts to rewind the tape but it never seems to end.
The busy light stays on indefinitely. I would also like to know if there
is a way to verify what has been written onto the tape by dump. I have a
feeling that my backup is going a bit too fast!

					Dan